Hi there 👋
Welcome to my blog deployed on Vercel!
You can access everything, except URLs starting with
/private, such as this post.
If you want to access the private post, you’ll need the following credentials:
How it works
This website is nothing more than the sample Jekyll blog provided by Vercel.
There is absolutely no code related to authentication, so everybody could (normally) access the private post.
However, thanks to Octauthent, here is what happens when you access
vercel.octauthent.com/private/* from your browser:
- A DNS server recognizes the domain and responds with a Cloudflare IP
- Your browser asks for the page to the Cloudflare IP it received
- Cloudflare runs the Octauthent code to know what to do
- If Octauthent decides that you are not allowed, Cloudflare responds with a customized login form
- If Octauthent decides that the page can be seen:
- Cloudflare asks to Vercel the content of the page
- Vercel recognizes the address and responds with the page content
- Cloudflare sends the response back to your browser